Friday, May 24, 2013

We Are So Flooded!

Last night was the worst flooding we've ever had. Right now, I'm trapped with the people from twelve other houses on our dead end road. Not only that, but the main road is closed for about three towns on either side of us, so if I could get past here, I'd have nowhere to go. My family is spread out among friends, with no idea when they can get home.



The three culverts are way downstream now

This is the smaller brook that goes under our driveway



This is where my driveway meets our road.
Yeah, it's going to be a LONG weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Stay safe, Kari Jo!!! *hugs* to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristy,

      All hugs are appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Kari Jo,

    Long time no see! Hope things get better real soon!

    Deb Thayer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb,

      It has been a long time! Nice to hear from you. Things are getting better already.

      Delete
  3. Well I hope you still have electricity. You can have quality time with the cat and take a long bath, read a few good books, watch movies that you want to watch. Enjoy the solitude, the family will be back soon enough. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhonda. I still have electricity. I am relaxing today. Yes, indeed, they will be back soon.

      Delete