Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Plot Thickens...

Just when I thought things were settling down yesterday, my mom's diabetes went whacky bonkers again. I insisted that I'd just made a happy ever after blog post, but the powers that be weren't listening. So back to the ER we all went last night for more drama of the scariest kind. Who knew that blood sugar reader machines only registered so high? My mom, however, is tough enough to beat the odds and keep living even when the machine says it's no longer possible. Shows them what Vermont women are made of. Clearly, they need to design a new reader for us.

Today, she decided to check out the bottom end of the scale, and maxed it out, too. I'm thinking of her as a kind of test pilot now.

And believe me, if they had a stress meter for daughters of dementia/diabetic moms, I'd be cranking that thing to new heights, as well.

We're all searching for equilibrium right now.

The only thing I know for sure is that I've got the best family and friends in the world.


1 comment:

  1. And we have a great friend as well. Stay strong. Call if you need to talk or vent.

    ReplyDelete